Vincent R. Mayr, "Vince", graduated from Golden Gate University Law School, San Francisco, California. He has been practicing law for over 24 years. Ninety-five percent of what Vince does is bankruptcy, but he also does tax problem resolution and appeals. He represents both individuals and businesses in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 administrative cases, and adversary proceedings. He has been counsel of record in more than 3,000 bankruptcy cases and matters over the years. Vince is a past Chairman of the Consumer Debtor Bankruptcy Sub-Section of the State Bar of Arizona.
Vince has a broad legal knowledge; including civil litigation defense, plaintiff civil litigation, defense of credit card and debt lawsuits, defense of minor criminal matters, motor vehicle offenses, foreclosure defense, trustee's sales, general consumer representation, juvenile matters, landlord / tenant law, real estate law, wills & trusts, and family law matters. Previous family law representations include issues relating to child support, spousal support, child custody, divorce, and asset division, including trials to the bench. Vince previously served as an instructor in the Uniform Commercial Code while with the Arizona Paralegal Training Program.
Vince is a family man, married to his sweetheart, and has three adult children.
Military Service. Vince was honorably discharged after serving four years in the United States Army, with postings in Ft. Jackson, South Carolina; Berlin; West Germany; and Ft. Huachuca, Arizona.
Vince's philosophy is very much in line with the firm motto: "Personal Service in an Impersonal World", He believes that personal service is very important to client needs.
Areas of Practice
- Arizona, 1991
- Colorado, 1994
- Nevada, 1997
- District of Columbia, 1997
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 1991
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 1997
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1991
- U.S. Court of International Trade, 1992
- U. S. Court of Military Appeals, 1991
Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 1991
Golden Gate University, San Francisco, California
- Masters - 1990
- Major: Public Administration
University of Baltimore and College Park, College Park, Maryland
- B.S. - 1987
- Major: Urban State and Federal Governance
University of Maryland
- Major: Management Studies
- Instructor, Uniform Commercial Code while with the Arizona Paralegal Training Program
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona, Bankruptcy Law and Tax Law Section
- Arizona Bankruptcy American Inn of Court, Member
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, Member
- State Bar of Nevada, Member
- East Valley Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Member, The Planetary Society
- Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Member, American Legion
- Member, Harley Owners Group
- Phi Alpha Delta